How many nights have you asked each other about what to have for dinner? How many nights have either of you said "I don't know"? Probably equal times. Then I bet one of you mentions something, and the other one hates that. Perhaps one of you offers another place and the other says no because it's not cheap enough. At least that's how I've heard some couples are about figuring out where to eat.
You know what can spare that constant back and forth? One or both of you knowing how to cook! Now I know some nights it can be just too hectic for one of you to get a meal prepared. But that's okay, because it doesn't have to be fancy cooking, just edible and delicious! It's important for one of you to have basic cooking skills since take-out from the same 4 places can get old, and expensive. Plus some nights, or for us most nights of the week, you won't feel like going out for dinner either. So while I won't say it can make your marriage complete, it might make things a lot smoother. If you're not much of a cook, or you're always looking for new recipes, here's my recipe for creamy tomato chicken ziti.
16 oz. box of ziti or penne rigatoni
8 oz. cream cheese
1 bag of Mozzarella
1 bag of pre-cooked chicken(you can find it near the lunchmeat in your store)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce(I like mushroom and green pepper)
Salt & pepper
- Boil your pasta as directed on box.
- Put cream cheese and spaghetti sauce in skillet. Make sure you add the cream cheese slowly.
- Put frozen spinach in microwave to defrost. Squeeze the liquid out in a colander.
- Add mozzarella slowly to the sauce.
- Put chicken in the microwave for a minute, cut up smaller.
- Add chicken, spinach, and cooked pasta.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Voila!