Monday, April 6, 2015

Emotion

  Don't be so emotional. Take the emotion out of it. You've probably heard people say things along those lines. But I'm here to tell you emotions need to be out there in a marriage or relationship. At least for it to be a healthy relationship. One of the biggest reasons people split up(other than money) is not being honest about how they feel. Not showing the other person that they care about them.
   As human beings we have a survival mode, and part of that mode is often hiding how we feel. When someone hurts us, or to have the upper hand. Sometimes we try to take emotions out of our relationships thinking that's how you make the clear decisions. It's not. Marriage and relationships are all heart. Sometimes they don't make sense. Sometimes how we feel doesn't have any bigger reason than that's how we feel.
   I'm not saying you have to constantly be crying tears of joy over how much you love that person. Being forthcoming with your emotions can be as simple as saying I love you every morning, smiling at them out of the blue, or just holding their hand while you watch the nightly news. Every one has a different way they show their feelings, if you pay attention to your spouse you'll know what they need from you.
  Don't waste time, make sure your significant other knows exactly how you feel about them. Be emotional. No one wants to be in a marriage or relationship where they have to question if the other person is still in love with them.

20 comments:

  1. It's all about emotions isn't it? - hiding them, showing them, owning them. To have a successful relationship a good balance is necessary.

    Great E post. I hope you are enjoying your A to Z journey. I'll be back to see what's next. :)

    Jenny, Pearson Report
    2015 A to Z Challenge Ambassador
    @PearsonReport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I am enjoying it, I hope you are as well! :)

      Delete
  2. It can not be a true relationship without true emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with you. A healthy relationship is all about the emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that's why they refer to love as an action verb, we need to show it with our emotions that we care and love our spouses :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're absolutely right. I never understood why people want to be cryptic with their feelings. Spouses aren't mind readers, you have to let them know what you're thinking and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're absolutely right. I never understood why people want to be cryptic with their feelings. Spouses aren't mind readers, you have to let them know what you're thinking and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, coming from the ice queen (as my ex said) my husband makes me melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you've found the right person. Thanks for reading Kate!

      Delete
  8. Right on. I wish people weren't so afraid of their emotions and were able to be freely vulnerable. So much more could be communicated if people would let down their walls and express what they're feeling! Great post.
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely, it's a scary thing to a lot of people. Thanks for reading Michele!

      Delete
  9. I've definitely heard be less emotional before. But I never listen. Emotions are who we are.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about the importance of expressing emotions... if both the husband and wife express its good, very often I find men do not express openly as they are expected to be brave, tears are considered to be weakness... emotions keep us alive and its beautiful to express all emotions in a healthy manner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, a lot of men tend to think they need to be made of steel. Thanks for reading Angela!

      Delete
  11. I agree with you about the importance of expressing emotions... if both the husband and wife express its good, very often I find men do not express openly as they are expected to be brave, tears are considered to be weakness... emotions keep us alive and its beautiful to express all emotions in a healthy manner

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts