Monday, July 20, 2015

Home Decor Trends I'm Loving

   Happy Monday!!! I hope everyone is having a great one, okay at least a manageable one haha. If you are having trouble coping with the weekend's absence, just remember you're now one day closer to the next. Today I'd like to share some home décor trends I'm currently loving.



1. Chandeliers
  

   Not the Sia song(although I love that too), but actual chandeliers. They may make you think of hotel ballrooms, they make me think of pure elegance. Plus now they're accepted in any part of your home! Over your bed, over your kitchen island, on your front porch, I've even seen one over a bathtub! There are so many different styles to choose from as well, glam, rustic, antique, eclectic, you name it.

2. Plate Walls
 


  This is a great way to showcase those hand painted plates that were your grandma's! Or if you don't happen to have any plates worthy of your wall you can find plenty of pretty and unusual plates at thrift stores. It's a super easy and inexpensive way to bring life and character to your home. Stick to one plate pattern or choose a certain color, or simply pick plates that speak to you and make you smile!

3. Faux Sheepskin Rugs

   I really, really love this one!!! I have to keep myself from picking one up at HomeGoods every time I'm in there(they have ones around ^ this size for about $13!!!). You can find them in big area rug size but I like the smaller size best because you can use it anywhere. I've seen them over chairs, in nurseries, and under a Christmas tree! They just seem super cozy to me.

4. Fresh Flowers

    Fresh flowers make me think of happiness, cleanliness, order, and warmth. Whether they're placed in your favorite vase, a water pitcher, a mint julep cup, or a mason jar, they just complete the home to me. I don't know if they're truly a home décor trend, but they should be.

5. Tulip Tables

    Now this is more of an investment piece than say the plate wall. They also come in smaller sizes to use as an end table but I like them best as a dining or kitchen table. They can be styled ultra glam or more funky. They come in white, black, and my personal favorite, marble!

   Well I hope this made you feel inspired today, at least to change it up in your home. Thanks for reading y'all, and don't forget to 'follow' my blog, as well as my blog's Facebook page!

30 comments:

  1. I enjoy all of these trends too! We have a faux fur rug in my girls room and I would love to have a tulip dining table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds cute! Thanks for reading Whitney!

      Delete
  2. Love chandeliers - they make everything more elegant! I can't get enough fresh flowers right now either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love plate walls! My sister in law had one and she surrounded the plates with a huge picture frame. Such a timeless trend! And chandeliers. sooooo pretty!

    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh flowers and it's essential for that perfect pop of happy color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the perfect way to add life and color to your home. Thanks for reading Bree!

      Delete
  5. You have great taste! I really love the walls plates. I'm really into the country shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Plate walls definitely can go hand and hand with country shabby chic. Thanks for reading Heather!

      Delete
  6. I want to hang plates on my wall! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! Thanks for reading Laura!

      Delete
  7. It is my goal to have a chandelier in every single room in my house... in other news I finally broke down and bought the faux fur rug from homegoods. Haha! You must have a stronger will than I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good goal, as for the faux rug I think I'll crack on my next visit haha. Thanks for reading Betsy!

      Delete
  8. I have always had a chandelier in my bedroom since when I was a little girl! They are so stylish and totally classic :) love your other picks too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, thanks, and thanks for reading Samantha!

      Delete
  9. Very inspiring. We have a wall above our sofa that we can't figure out. We think maybe one of those photo groupings of family that I keep seeing. There's already a painting and a mirror in the room, so I'm trying to avoid duplicating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like photo groupings, and every room in my opinion should have a mirror in it. Mirror help to make the room feel bigger. Thanks for reading Stephanie!

      Delete
  10. Love all those trends! You really have to have a good eye to get those plates on the wall looking symmetrical and artistic. (I'll stop by your Facebook page and like it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, which is why I haven't attempted one yet haha. I saw where you did, thanks so much, and thanks for reading Sherry!

      Delete
  11. YES!!! I am loving plate walls too!! Any tips on how to hang them?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done one myself haha, but from what I've read I think it would be helpful to cut out the shapes of the plates on paper and then move them around as you're trying to figure out your pattern. I hope that helps! Thanks for reading Lisa!

      Delete
  12. chandeliers and fresh flowers- yes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chandeliers--my grandparents had one in their entryway in the house they had when I was growing up, and I always thought it was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had good taste from a young age! Thanks for reading Rachel!

      Delete
  14. Chandeliers are an absolute favorite of mine. It's number one on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I would have them everywhere if I could haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Popular Posts