Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Once A Day Hoped For

  Today would have been our son James' due date. It's a little shocking to me how fast it has arrived. Like that doctor appointment you weren't ready for but here it is.
   I can't help but think about what I would be doing today if this was still his should be birth day. Although I know most babies don't arrive exactly on their due date, in fact most don't. He didn't.
  I go through my day today and I think to myself, would I go into labor right now? Would I have been induced? Then I remember that things are the way they are. There's no turning back the clock on this. He came as swiftly as he went.
  On this St. Patrick's Day I choose to remember him as the joy I had expected today. The joy of  promises of more birthdays to come, cries to answer in the night, books to be read about puppies and little boys like him. I shall be comforted by the promise I still have left, of seeing him in Heaven one day somewhere over the rainbow, our little pot of gold. We love you Carter James.

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today, lady! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you; that is a mighty promise you have of seeing him in heaven one day and then being with him for all of eternity! And it is definitely a romise that will be kept!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts