Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Burning, Blinking, & Bedspreads

  It's raining, but hey at least we're halfway through the week! Before you know it the weekend is here....and then it's gone haha! That's pretty much sums up most of our lives, at least I think so. We wait and we hope for something that only stays for a short time, then we blink. Moral of the story, enjoy things while they are here.
   Speaking of blinking, I was 19 weeks yesterday, which makes Baby H the size of a Zucchini(who picks this stuff??!!) and should be able to suck his thumb! At his last ultrasound it looked like he was trying to put it in his mouth but hadn't quite figured it out.
  As far as symptoms go I've mostly been having muscle pain in my legs, joint pain in my hips, and indigestion strong enough to light a candle. My doctor told me I should try a Belly Band. I've heard of women using it to wear their pre-baby pants longer but haven't heard many talk about the pain relieve benefits. As for the indigestion I have been drinking tons of water, eating slowly, drinking milk, but it always comes back with a vengeance. I don't wanna try Tums since I've heard it actually can make it worse and pregnant women should avoid it. If anyone knows of some natural remedies for indigestion, or if you've used a Belly Band or something like it, I would greatly appreciate your advice!
  In other news I got a new bedding set for our bedroom! I had one that I bought the June before we got married at Target. It was on sale for $40, 3 pieces(comforter and 2 shams), and was gold. Well probably about a month ago I noticed some holes on the top near the foot of the bed on Dillon's side. They were noticeable but not huge. Then they got bigger, and bigger, and now it's one big hole. Like the size of a really big "zucchini". I have no idea why it would happen, it's never happened with any other comforters or quilts I've had.
   So I've been looking around for something new, preferably without gaping holes, and we found this....

Home decor


   I love it!!! At first I was looking for something beige or cream, but I'm so glad I went with this one. It kinda reminds me of Blue Willow china. I found it at Wal-mart for $50. It's from the Better Homes and Gardens line, and it's called Indigo Scrollwork. It's a 5 piece set( comforter, 2 shams, and 2 throw pillows). You can't find it on the Wal-mart website, but they might have it on there now since I looked like a week ago.
   Now that we have our new bedding I really want to have a fresh color for the walls. As you can see the walls are a light green, which I love, but I feel like it looks a little dingy now. It went well with the gold bedding but it's time for a change. Something still on the lighter side maybe? If you have any suggestions of a paint color I'd love to hear them!!!
   This Saturday night I have our church's annual Fall Follies. It's basically a talent show, only sillier! We have all kinds of acts from skits to musical performances. I usually choreograph a dance to perform somewhere in the show. Sometimes it's lyrical, sometimes it's theater jazz. But I won't be putting on my dancing shoes this year. Although I do have something else in the works for Saturday night. Here's a video of what my husband and I did a couple years back. Excuse the technical difficulties, it was better in practice, but he wasn't wearing his cute suit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts